- Joined
- Sep 3, 2014
- Messages
- 6,356
- Likes
- 13,372
- Degree
- 9
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
They definitely changed Shorts views to be impressions, and only in the dashboard can you find true views, which are "engaged views". They did this to have their view counts be more in alignment with how TikTok works, apparently.Seems like a lot of creators are having issues with YouTube nowadays because, presumably, YouTube changed how views work.
With this update I'd say screw the YPP. Just build channels from an affiliate/lead-gen perspective from day 1. Those requirements are way too high for the average channel. Can make way more from affiliate/coaching/etc. with those numbers than you can with Adsense.YouTube is Doubling YPP Entry Stats
On February 1st, 2027, the barrier to entry for monetization is increasing drastically as seen below:
![]()
Long-form is increasing from 4,000 to 8,000 watch hours. Shorts are increasing from 10M to 20M views and you have to maintain 10M in the past 90 days to stay monetized.
Of course, they make a claim of how 3 upcoming changes will be beneficial to everyone and they’ll pay out even more money to creators. Then they make this #3 in the video like that’s gonna reduce the reaction. But the reaction means nothing, it is what it is. You can watch the video here:
Just another way to fight spam, in the classic Google way of doing it. Makes sense, but it’s getting tougher and tougher.
I think I'll be okay, but I hope it doesn't impact me. I have a bunch of b-roll video I record myself and there will be times I reuse that in the background of some videos, not often but there will be times I use the same videos. But I'm using my face over top the video and speaking and its a different topic every time.A quick update, a lot has been going down on YouTube, so I'll give the very short version:
- Re-upload Shorts spam - like adding captions, re-using clips in different orders, will be identified and suppressed in order to promote original content.
I think it's mainly for the people grabbing TikTok clips and ranking them in the "Top 5 Funniest Dog Moments" and there's probably 1,000 variations of the same videos uploaded over and over again.I think I'll be okay, but I hope it doesn't impact me. I have a bunch of b-roll video I record myself and there will be times I reuse that in the background of some videos, not often but there will be times I use the same videos. But I'm using my face over top the video and speaking and its a different topic every time.